Many free online user-friendly sites are available in which you can upload your PNG document and convert it into SVG within a few seconds. The main motive of these sites is to make your converting work easier and quicker without much effort and hassles.
This article is all about the details of converting a PNG file to an SVG file and about the various free online converter sites. Moreover, you will get a clear idea of what a PNG and SVG format is after reading this guide.
What is PNG?
Most of you will know what a PNG format is, but you might not know the expansion of it. The full form of PNG is Portable Graphics Format which is the uncompressed raster image format.
This is the most commonly used format for any kind of digital art like logos, flat images, icons, etc. It uses 24-bit color as the foundation and the PNG format has the ability to display transparent backgrounds.
What is SVG?
Scalable Vector Graphics or SVG is an XML-based two-dimensional graphic format. This file format was developed as an open standard format by the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium).
The major use of SVG files is for sharing vector graphic contents on the Internet. It is possible to scale an SVG image up and down as needed without losing the quality. It is the best choice for responsive web design.
How to Convert PNG file to SVG online?
As said previously, numerous online websites can be used to convert a PNG file to SVG. If you want to convert the files, search online for the best PNG to SVG file converter in your web browser. You will get a list of sites that offer free conversion from PNG to SVG.
By performing a few steps, you can complete this work. You will get your file converted within no time and the converted files can be saved as well with the help of these converter sites. Below you can find some of the best conversion sites in this article.
How to PNG Conversion with our SVG Example File?
Visit the homepage of the converter. Once the page is open, select the option of PNG to SVG converter. Upload the PNG file you have on your device and click on the button named Convert or Convert Now.
Your file will be transformed easily and you can download it.
How to Convert PNG file to SVG format?
It is not a challenging task to perform this conversion. You can easily convert your PNG file with the help of online converter sites. Select a site you want and upload the PNG file by picking it from your computer.
It is feasible to upload the file from Drop Box, Google Drive, and URL and even by dragging the file to the conversion site. Click on Convert Now button and you will get the SVG file to download.
Best Online PNG to SVG Converters:-
This is an extensional site of PDFConverterOnline.com. But Aconverter is not just to convert PDF, but you can also convert all kinds of documents.
- You can simply type Aconvert in your web browser to visit the site. In case if you are finding it difficult to get the page click this link – https://www.aconvert.com/image/png-to-svg/#
- Click on the Choose files button to select the PNG file from your computer or any other source mentioned above. Please note that the image file size can only be up to 200M.
- The next step is to select the Target Format from the drop-down menu. Select SVG.
- Now you can select the image size you need. In Resize Image option select the size you want from the dropdown menu. You can either keep the same size as the file you have or change it if required.
- Click Convert Now Button
- The conversion will begin now. You can find the output file in the Conversion Results section.
- Click the download icon to save the file to online storage options like Google Drive or Dropbox. It can also show the file QR code.
With the help of Aconvert you can not only convert PNG files to SVG. There are various services they offer like PDF conversion, compressing, resizing, cropping, merging, rotating, and editing files.
Moreover, you can convert any document you want to a target format that is required.
This is an online and desktop software program that is designed to convert JPG and PNG files to fully functional SVGs or PDFs. By using the original Bitmap, you can accurately trace out the graphic to generate a suitable vectorization through Vector Magic.
- Go to the website of Vector Magic. Or just click on this link – https://vectormagic.com/
- Scroll down the page and you can find the section where you can convert your PNG file to SVG
- Drag the file, copy-paste, or upload the file from your computer
- When the file is uploaded the site will automatically analyze and vectorize the image.
- If the image is too large, the site will automatically resize the file
- A panel on the right side can be seen now
- Download the file by click on the Download Result Button
Vector magic also helps in editing the file by choosing a detail level, colors, and advanced options like remove background and other hand-pick settings.
Some of the key features of Vector Magic include a color palette highlighter, a developer’s library of online tutorials, and the bitmap-to vector converter.
PNGTOSVG is a free online image to vector tool converter that helps in changing PNG to SVG, JPG to SVG, and many more options.
- Search for the website pngtosvg. If you cannot find the link simply click on https://www.pngtosvg.com/
- Select the file from your computer
- When the file is placed on the stage, you can find a color palette that automatically generates under the color section
- You get to increase or decrease the number of colors according to the file.
- Once the color palette is generated check if all the primary colors are included. In case you did not find a color, click on the particular color from the image on the stage.
- To smoothen the vector paths, change the simply value
- When the color palette is ready, click on Generate.
- Using color pickers, you can change the color of the output file
- By merging the colors from the panel at the bottom, you can squeeze the number of colors that are used in the output vector
- Now, Sign Up or Login using your Google or Facebook account and start downloading the SVG file
Using pngtosvg site, you can also convert PNG or JPG files to SVG.
The next converter we would like to introduce to you is the Onlineconvertfree. It is a free online converter that helps us in converting files like video, audio, documents, photos, etc.
- Click on https://onlineconvertfree.com/convert-format/png-to-svg/ or simply type onlineconverterfree in the web browser.
- Scroll down to see the section where you can upload the file to be converted
- Select the PNG file from your desktop or laptop, Drop Box, or Google Drive. It is also possible to drag the file from your computer to the section
- You can find two buttons to add more files and select the format you want to convert your file to. Select SVG
- Press the Convert Button
- The conversion will begin and when completed you can see it on the screen. Select the Download button to get the output.
Onlineconvertfree can also be used to convert to any other formats like DOC, DOCX, HTML, PDB, PDF Converter, RTF, and many more. It is only possible to convert two files at a time using this site.
It is a fully-featured Document Management Software, providing end-tend solutions for Web App.
How to Convert PDF to PNG in Adobe Photoshop?
Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator have a lot of common features. But the Adobe Photoshop is raster-based deals with pixels, whereas the illustrator works using vectors.
You should have Adobe Illustrator installed on your computer to convert the PNG files to SVG format.
- Right-click on the image you want to convert from PNG to SVG format
- Select Open With illustrator from the menu
- Press the Shift Button on the keyboard when resizing
- Click on Windows on the title bar and select Image Trace
- Choose the color you need and click on Trace
- Now click on the Object option on the title bar and select Image Trace from the drop-down menu
- Click Expand from the sub drop down options
- Now you can see the layers that make up the vector graphics image on the left side of the screen
- By pressing the CTRL key on the keyboard, unselect the options you do not want on the image
- Select the File from the menu bar and select Export Selection from the drop-down menu
- Rename the file and select the format to SVG that can be seen on the right side
- From Export to tab drop-down, select the location on the computer where you want to save the file
- Click on Export Asset
- The changed file is now saved on your computer at the location where you selected it.
These are some of the sites which can be used to convert your PNG files to SVG file format. All these sites make your work easy and the majority of the sites can also be used without any payment.
The final converted file will be saved in the Downloads folder on your computer. You can save it to any other location you want for easy access.
I believe this article has given you a clear idea of how to convert PNG files to SVG format files.